Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Suicide Song - "Gloomy Sunday"



"Gloomy Sunday" is a song composed by Hungarian pianist and composer Rezső Seress in 1933,The original lyrics depicted a war-stricken Hungary and a silent prayer to God. The lyrics are a mourning to a lost lover and a pledge to commit suicide to meet that lover again in the afterlife. It has become known as the "Hungarian Suicide Song" because many people have been found dead by means of suicide with this song playing.

Now I have been listening this song since over a week...And I agree that this song is very much depressing but it did not tend me to commit suicide actually...
I was already depressed with my life but still I found another way to move on...
People say that their is a subliminal message buried inside this song...
But I wonder why those people decided to end their life...no one will ever know what actually happened with them...

2 comments: